Thursday, December 07, 2006

Facts and Faith

I have been spending some time the last few months over at AntiEvolution.org and the After the Bar Closes forum.

While there I have learned all sorts of things about the Theory of Evolution and the hard science behind it. But it's not a place for Chrsitians who are faint of heart--learning that Intelligent Design and "Darwin's Black Box" are not scientifically supported runs contrary to what evangelicals have believed since the mid-90's.

It has caused me to review my reasons for my own personal faith and see if they still hold water. So far I have been able to bring my faith in line with fact.

But I have noticed a disturbing trend: On this topic most people are doing just the opposite...changing "facts" to line up with their faith.

Over the coming weeks I will be posting some of the reasons for my faith. Feel free to comment and check out my logic.

No comments: