Figure out which Christian Leader goes with which description …
A. Billy Graham – World Renowned Evangelist
B. Pat Robertson – Televangelist, Founder of Several Conservative Christian Political Groups, Founder and President of Regent University
C. Charles Stanley – Televangelist, Pastor of one of Atlanta’s largest churches and one of the world’s largest Southern Baptist churches
D. John Calvin – Theologian and Christian leader and writer. Credited with helping advance and empower the Christian reformation.
E. Tim LaHaye – Co-Author of the 50 million copy selling “Left Behind” series. Husband of Beverley LaHaye, founder of Concerned Women for America
F. Jerry Falwell – Pastor of Liberty Road Baptist Church, Founder of the Moral Majority, Chancellor of Liberty University.
1. Was a mass murdering despot who tortured and beheaded those who disagreed with his theology. He condemned 58 people to death. When asked about one detractor possibly coming to the town he ruled, he replied: "If he comes here…I will never let him leave the place alive."
2. Said of pornographer and Hustler publisher Larry Flynt: "He is a warm-hearted, very talented and very generous person whom I believe has much to offer the world."
3. Refused to grant his wife a divorce for several years since he does not allow divorced individuals to serve in positions of leadership in his church. He also said that if he ever got divorced he would step down from his ministry. When his wife finally was granted a divorce (after 7 years of attempting), he refused to step down and continues to pastor the church today.
4. Accepted a $10,000 donation to his ministry from cult leader Rev. Sun Myung Moon, who claims to be the Messiah. He later served on a board for Moon’s political action committee.
5. Was audio taped saying how the “satanic Jews” were responsible for many problems in the United States including pornography. He is recorded as saying the United States must throw off the stranglehold of the Jews or the country will go down the drain. When the tapes came to light in 2002, he at first denied ever making the comments, then later issued a four sentence apology when it became obvious the documentation was unimpeachable.
6. Regularly used planes donated for a Christian humanitarian project to haul equipment for his private, for profit diamond mine operation. Once an audit and investigation was launched he “repaid” over $400,000 to cover the costs. Auditors expressed serious concern about how he mingled funds between for profit and non-profit activities and over his close relationship with an African dictator.
Click Here for Answers